Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Review: Haagen Dazs "Coffee" Ice Cream

Everyone has a favourite go-to product, be it a specific variety of shampoo, a tried-and-tested laundry detergent, or your favourite brand of shoes. When it comes to ice cream, my go-to flavour over the years has always been Haagen Dazs Coffee ice cream. Truthfully, my go-to is actually the half fat version of this flavour, but since I moved away from Vancouver I have not been able to find it in a local grocery store. Haagen Dazs really has done a great job making the half-fat version almost indistinguishable from the full-fat.


While I cannot drink coffee more than once in a while because it does not agree with me, I really love the flavour of it, and this flavour is captured perfectly by Haagen Dazs in their coffee ice cream. This is an uncomplicated product that doesn't try to do too much, and everything it does do is done to an exceptionally high standard. With only five ingredients, this ice cream does not mess around with mix-ins, sauces, or swirls. It is the ideal balance of coffee, cream, and sugar, all put together with a texture that is velvety smooth and creamy (seriously, the texture of this is just divine).

The reason there is no photo of the ice cream itself? I couldn't stop eating it before I could get around to taking a picture! It really is a struggle for me not to polish off the full 500ml in one sitting. Haagen Dazs is pricey, yes, but for this flavour I would gladly pay double. This is simply coffee, perfected.

Recommend to a friend? Heck yes
Repurchase? As long as they make it!

4 comments:

  1. what happened to you guys? I enjoy your reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS ICE CREAM

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're looking to burn fat then you absolutely have to jump on this totally brand new tailor-made keto meal plan.

    To create this service, licensed nutritionists, personal trainers, and professional chefs have joined together to develop keto meal plans that are effective, convenient, money-efficient, and enjoyable.

    Since their launch in January 2019, 100's of people have already remodeled their figure and health with the benefits a professional keto meal plan can provide.

    Speaking of benefits: in this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-proven ones given by the keto meal plan.

    ReplyDelete